Sell with Confidence
Read More
News

Western Australia’s population is thriving

By Kevin Kelly

Western Australia's properties are in higher demand than ever, as it's been revealed the state's population saw the fastest growth in the country last year.

Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) data showed Western Australia outstripped all other parts of the country and registered growth of 2.9 per cent in the year to 31 December 2013.

This means that if you're in the market for real estate in Eaton, there's a chance the competition could be even greater than ever as more people relocate to the state.

This is where it can really pay off to do your research into the local market and make sure you're buying in an area that has long-term potential, especially if you're eventually hoping to make a return on your investment.

All states and territories saw a rise in their population over the 12-month period, but it was Western Australia that registered the most impressive results.

The total Australian population increased 1.7 per cent last year, which was mainly because of people moving to the country from overseas.

In fact, just 40 per cent of the rise was a result of natural increase – the remaining 60 per cent was because of net overseas migration.

Up to Date

Latest News